Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We partner with global brands and distributors – Google, YouTube, Universal Pictures, NBC Universal, Lenovo, Disney – and create original, owned entertainment properties for the web and TV. Portal A is independently owned, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
The Original Content team at Portal A oversees the development, packaging, sale, and production of large-scale scripted and nonscripted digital and TV and digital projects. Our team is looking to add a full-time Originals Coordinator to our Downtown Los Angeles team, a tight-knit group working in an office that encourages collaboration and creativity.
The Originals Coordinator plays an integral role in the development and eventual sale and successful delivery of projects created by Portal A. The individual in this position will multi-task, interact and coordinate with other employees in offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles as part of a creative team reporting to the Head of Original Content.
• Administrative duties using Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar, travel and expenses, filing, covering phones.
• Work closely with Portal A’s co-founders in SF and LA to schedule meetings, as well as high-level executive offices outside of Portal A.
• Create and track deadlines for creative materials for internal and external collaborators.
• Research potential talent for development objectives: writers, producers, directors, subjects for nonscripted shows.
• Maintain correspondence with outside vendors and collaborators.
• Facilitate delivery and acquisition of various materials to/from outside vendors in a timely fashion.
• Assist in management of company-wide coverage system.
• Take notes in meetings and calls, to share with development and creative teams.
• Maintain up-to-date project tracking documents to be shared with the entire Portal A team.
• Track network needs across TV and digital buyers.
• Aid in creation of pitch documents including sizzle reels, pitch decks, and treatments.
Skills & Qualifications
• 2-3 years experience as an assistant at a production company, studio, or agency
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the development process
• Knowledge of cable TV marketplace
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Knowledge of the digital media landscape a plus
• Experience in production (on sets or in production management or current programming) a plus
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity, optimistic, and has a strong desire to innovate.
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and hard-working.
• Competitive salary and benefits, including a generous group health care, vision, and dental plan
• Paid and flexible vacation and work-from-home policies
• A casual work environment
• Office always stocked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “ORIGINALS COORDINATOR” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.
The best (and only?) Spaghetti Western filmed in India. A huge thank you to the talented folks at The Viral Fever and the team at Lenovo. Enjoy!
In case you were wondering, this is what it looks like to make a music video mashup in Russia and a Cowboy Western in India.
A few road shots from our new show with the Gregory Brothers – Australia, Mongolia, and Vietnam, oh my!