NOW HIRING: Business Operations Manager
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independently owned, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce premium entertainment with breakthrough talent, dedicating ourselves to a single mission: inspire a new generation of viewers. We partner with some of the world’s leading brands – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more – and develop and produce original entertainment for the web and television.
Our team is looking to hire a Business Operations Manager, who will report directly to the Head of Business Operations, to join our team in our LA Office.
• Navigate and manage the legal process across talent, client, and general company needs
• Work directly with the Head of Business Operations on business administration, tax, and financial reporting
• Update and maintain detailed financial budgets, reports, and projections
• Manage relationships across various business administrations functions as well as coordinate directly with professional service providers
• Act as an HR resource for the team by working directly with our HR service provider to oversee HR initiatives and implement internal processes accordingly
• Organize and maintain various forms of insurance, benefits, employee documents, and other essential business documentation
• Manage all invoicing, billing and contracting with clients and contractors
• Reconcile all spending, including staff credit cards and various business accounts
• Create and implement processes designed to improve operational efficiencies
• 3-5 years of business operations experience
• Legal and business affairs background strongly preferred
• Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive with proficiency in Excel and Sheets
• Experience working with professional service professionals in law, accounting, bookkeeping, insurance, etc.
• Experience with Human Resources management is preferred
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner
• Detail-oriented to the extreme and able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Willingness to work with a collaborative team in a startup environment
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability problem-solve across all business functions
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email [email protected] with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.