Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce premium entertainment with breakthrough talent, dedicating ourselves to a single mission: inspire a new generation of viewers. We partner with some of the world’s leading brands – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more – and develop and produce original entertainment for the web and television.
Our team is looking to hire a Project Manager based in our San Francisco office to oversee multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
• Manage day-to-day communication, project and account management with a diverse set of clients
• Manage complex projects start-to-finish, from initial creative development through production, post-production & launch
• Facilitate flow of information between external partners and Portal A’s internal team of producers, creatives, and strategists to ensure the right people get the right information on time
• Manage project timelines and ensure timely approvals and feedback from external partners
• Collaborate with the team to make sure each project is tailored to the brand and brief
• Work hand-in-hand with Portal A’s Head of Project Development on internal processes surrounding client management
• 2-4 years of direct client management experience in a creative environment
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, concise language
• Detail-oriented to the extreme
• Experience in all aspects of creative development and production
• Able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Active and experienced in digital media, personally and/or professionally
• Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
• Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “PROJECT MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.