NOW HIRING: Development Producer
Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age.
We partner with the world’s leading brands – Google, YouTube, Universal Pictures, Lenovo, Banana Republic, NBCUniversal, and more – and create original, owned digital entertainment properties. Portal A is independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire a Development Producer to join our LA office.
• Develop show concepts for talent vehicles and original IP
• Work with Originals team to option scripts and treatments from external creatives
• Research market trends / culture trends / underrepresented voices and scenes
• Manage external design partners for presentation materials, including treatments and show bibles.
• Oversee editors on creation of visual pitch materials including rip reels, character reels, and pilots.
• Work with Producers to build out budgets for series presentations
• Contribute directly to shows that are greenlit for production
• 5 – 7 years experience working in digital or traditional entertainment production / development in both scripted and unscripted formats.
• Knowledgeable and passionate about creating content for emerging digital platforms.
• Passion for both unscripted and scripted development
• Detail-oriented to the extreme and able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Able to leverage resources and creatively problem solve
• Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate in clear, concise language
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
• Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “DEVELOPMENT PRODUCER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.