NOW HIRING: Business Operations Manager
Portal A is an award-winning content studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age.
We partner with the world’s leading brands – Google, YouTube, Universal Pictures, Lenovo, Banana Republic, NBCUniversal, and more – and create original, owned digital entertainment properties. Portal A is independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
Our team is looking to hire a Business Operations Manager, who will report directly to the Head of Business Operations, to join our team in our LA Office.
• Navigate and manage the legal process across talent, client, and general company needs
• Work directly with the Head of Business Operations on business administration, tax, and financial reporting
• Update and maintain detailed financial budgets, reports, and projections
• Manage relationships across various business administrations functions as well as coordinate directly with professional service providers
• Act as an HR resource for the team by working directly with our HR service provider to oversee HR initiatives and implement internal processes accordingly
• Organize and maintain various forms of insurance, benefits, employee documents, and other essential business documentation
• Manage all invoicing, billing and contracting with clients and contractors
• Reconcile all spending, including staff credit cards and various business accounts
• Create and implement processes designed to improve operational efficiencies
• 3-5 years of business operations experience
• Legal and business affairs background strongly preferred
• Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive with proficiency in Excel and Sheets
• Experience working with professional service professionals in law, accounting, bookkeeping, insurance, etc.
• Experience with Human Resources management is preferred
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner
• Detail-oriented to the extreme and able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Willingness to work with a collaborative team in a startup environment
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability problem-solve across all business functions
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “BUSINESS OPERATIONS MANAGER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.