Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce premium entertainment with breakthrough talent, dedicating ourselves to a single mission: inspire a new generation of viewers. We partner with some of the world’s leading brands – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more – and develop and produce original entertainment for the web and television.
We are looking for a full-time Creative Producer to join our downtown Los Angeles office. Our ideal candidate knows/loves the internet and is driven to create amazing work completely unique to digital.
• Take a creative vision and put it into practice by bringing together multiple departments (creative, production, talent, strategy) to contribute to the final product
• Manage creative process for branded projects — help guide team to hit brand requirements with ideas that are built to reach a wide audience
• Generate concepts for video campaigns, series, and individual videos in a wide variety of styles – from comedy and music video to narrative, episodic, and documentary
• Collaborate with outside talent (influencers, writers, directors) on ideas and creative execution
• Work on external-facing materials and quickly tackle copywriting for creative pitches, treatments, creative bibles, scripts, and more
• Develop ideas and support creative development of original shows for digital and traditional distribution
• 2-4 years experience – developing and pitching video concepts in the digital space
• Big picture creative thinker, able to find the connective tissue between a variety of creative ideas and explain their ideas to teammates, influencers, and clients
• Very comfortable writing external-facing copy for pitch decks and presentation materials
• Experience in branded entertainment and digital marketing (with influencers is a plus)
• Background and high-level understanding of video production
• On set experience a plus
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your resume, work samples, how you heard about the position, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “CREATIVE PRODUCER” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.