Portal A is an award-winning digital studio that develops, produces, and distributes video built for the digital age. We are independent with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles.
At Portal A, we produce premium entertainment with breakthrough talent, dedicating ourselves to a single mission: inspire a new generation of viewers. We partner with some of the world’s leading brands – YouTube, Google, Lenovo, Amazon, Clorox, and more – and develop and produce original entertainment for the web and television.
We are hiring a Development Creative to join our Originals team, which oversees the development of large-scale, premium projects for digital and TV. The ideal candidate has experience packaging projects for emerging platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube Red, go90, Seeso, and more, with an emphasis in unscripted.
• Take series concepts from logline to finished materials, including the creation of one-sheets, show bibles, sizzles, and more
• Oversee the packaging process, with an emphasis on unscripted packaging, including talent attachments and optioning original IP
• Tap into and expand our network of outside creatives and producers to bring new ideas into our development pipeline
• Lead weekly unscripted development meetings
• Research market trends, culture trends, underrepresented voices and scenes
• Oversee editors on creation of visual pitch materials including rip reels, character reels, and pilots
• Work with producers to build out budgets for series presentations
• Contribute directly to shows that are greenlit for production
• 5+ years as a Creative Executive in a proven production company or network with previous Development and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of Unscripted Programming (documentary, competition, talk, etc)
• Demonstrable ability to push concepts through development from concept to treatment to visual presentation materials
• Knowledgeable and passionate about creating unscripted content
• Extensive knowledge of the television and digital media landscape
• Demonstrable track record of selling unscripted series a plus
• Detail-oriented to the extreme and able to multi-task and manage a variety of projects at once
• Able to leverage resources and creatively problem solve
• Strong team building, collaborative, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate in clear, concise language
• Strong ability to establish priorities and make time-sensitive decisions
• Willingness to work on a collaborative team in a startup environment
A few of the benefits of working at Portal A
• Our team is fun, curious, full of creativity and optimism, with a strong desire to innovate
• Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, focused, and collaborative
• Our team structure is flat and non-hierarchical, with opportunities to grow into leadership and contribute at various layers of the process
• We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and generous bonuses
• Benefits include a matching 401K plan, medical, dental and vision group coverage and commuter benefits
• Flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, including multiple WFH days a month.
• A casual work environment
• The chance to be at the forefront of one of the most dynamic, complex creative and strategic industries – original and commercial online video
• Office always stacked with drinks and snacks
• Weekly lunches catered on the company
• Matching charitable donations at year-end
• Fun days and outings (baseball games, concerts, volunteer days, etc.)
• The freshest Portal A swag (backpacks, hoodies, water bottles, etc.)
• Travel stipends between our LA and SF offices
• Reimbursed cell phone expenses
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and a few sentences on why you’d be interested in working with us. Please include “DEVELOPMENT CREATIVE” in the subject line of your email.
Portal A is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, LGBTQ, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for our open positions.